AS/A Level Terms and Conditions 2022/23
1. ANNUAL FEES
(1) The annual fee at Aljezur International School for the academic year 2022/23 is €2400 per AS/A level subject, provided at least 2 students are in the teaching group, and €3300 per subject if there is only one student in the group. This fee is payable in one of the following ways:
• Annually. In advance.
• Per term. In advance, payable in three instalments of €800 or €1100 per subject, the first of which being due at the beginning of the academic year, and two further payments each due by the last day of the previous term.
(2) All payment methods. By accepting a place for your child at Aljezur International School, you must agree to one of these payment options. If fees are not paid according to the terms above, we reserve the right to exclude your child from school until outstanding amounts are received by us in full.
2. DEPOSIT & ENROLMENT FEE
(1) A deposit of €1500 is payable on enrolment for those entering the school on acceptance of a place.
(2) €1200 will be refunded when your child leaves the school, provided that the child completes at least one term at Aljezur International School, and provided that one full term’s notice has been given in writing. The returnable amount is repaid without interest and less any monies which may be outstanding at the time (e.g. books which have not been returned at the time of preparing the final account, outstanding fees etc.).
(3) Note that a place cannot be reserved until we receive the deposit in full along with the completed enrolment form, and that the deposit will not be refunded if your child does not take up their place at Aljezur International School.
(4) The deposit may not be used in lieu of payment for any school fees at any time.
(5) We retain €300 of the deposit as an enrolment fee, and this is non-refundable at any time.
(1) The cost of the coach service from the Figueira (Portimao) and Lagos area is €1100 per student for the academic year 2022/23, payable in full in advance in September 2022 or at the time the student is enrolled during the academic year. This payment is non-refundable.
(2) For students who are not at school full-time, transport may also be paid at a cost of €3 for each one-way journey and €6 for each return journey. This must be paid at the end of each month.
4. NOTICE & TERMINATION
(1) Termination by parent: A full term’s notice must be given in writing if you wish to withdraw your child from Aljezur International School.
(2) Termination by the school: Whilst endeavouring to provide an inclusive, tolerant and supportive educational environment, Aljezur International School reserves the right to determine whether the teaching methods and style of education we offer will benefit, or is benefiting and suitable for each individual. The school would not terminate the contract without good cause and full consultation with parents and the student (where appropriate).
5. CONTACT WITH TUTORS
(1) It is the responsibility of each AS/A level student to inform their tutors directly by phone/text before 9am on the days when they are not able to attend lessons. Students must obtain their tutors’ contact details as soon as they commence lessons with each tutor.